Tags must start with a letter, and after that may contain alphanumerics, underscores, minuses, colons, periods and slashes. Other characters will get converted to underscores, trailing underscores will be stripped. Tags can be up to 200 characters long and support unicode. Tags will be converted to lowercase as well.
A few best practices on tags :
- A tag cannot end with a colon (e.g.,
- A tag can either be a <value> or a [key:value]
- The key will always be what precedes the first colon of the global tag definition:
- role:database:mysql will be parsed as key:role , value:database:mysql
- role_database:mysql will be parsed as key:role_database , value:mysql