- Traffic is always initiated by the agent to Datadog. No sessions are ever initiated from Datadog back to the agent.
- All traffic is sent over SSL.
- All communication to Datadog is via HTTPS.
- The full license agreement can be found here.
- The agent is entirely open source and can be found here.
- Some installations (for example, installing the agent on CentOS 5), will request your password. The password is needed because it's installing packages - Datadog does not retain it in any way. You can also use the step-by-step directions if you prefer to see exactly what the script is doing.
For a list of IP's and ports used for communication to us, reference this article.