By default the Datadog agent collects aggregate CPU stats, however, it's possible to enable per-core metrics by simply renaming a single conf file.
- Locate your conf files directory
- Locate and rename `system_core.yaml.example` to `system_core.yaml`
- Restart your agent
To begin using the new core metrics:
- In this example I'll create a new TimeBoard
- Under "Get", if you begin to type `system core` you'll immediately see a list of metrics that you may use, in this example I've selected `system.core.system`
- Optionally, you may now select things like a host, a set of instances, specific cores using the "From" dropdown, I've selected an individual host for this example
- In the last dropdown you can select "core"
For additional core specific metrics and details, reference: http://docs.datadoghq.com/integrations/systemcore/