This gist is an API post that will create a new ScreenBoard in Datadog with three widgets:
- Number of Datadog Agents reporting (timeseries, past week)
- Number of EC2 hosts reporting (timeseries, past week)
- New hosts running the Agent (event stream, past week)
For setup, simply:
- Put in your API and application keys in lines 1,2 and 79
- Datadog API/app keys can be found in your account here
Note: as currently set up, this ScreenBoard does not include hosts from GCE, Azure, docker, vSphere or other integrations - only the Datadog Agent and EC2. Adjust as needed for your environment.
Disclaimer: This should not be used for billing purposes, this is only a convenient option to count active instances and is not necessarily reflective of your invoice.
If you're a customer and need detailed billing information, please reach directly to your Customer Success Manager or email firstname.lastname@example.org.